OnePurpose School: Assistant Principal
OnePurpose School (OP) is a TK-5 school in southeast San Francisco. We are a free, open-enrollment, college-prep, public charter school. OP’s model brings together four major educational advances: project-based learning, STEM, socio-emotional learning and support, and a keen focus on fostering student agency.
Why Join the Team
OP is a great place to work if you:
● Are deeply committed to ending the opportunity and achievement gaps.
● Get huge satisfaction from helping students attain agency and academic excellence; specifically self-confidence, grit, curiosity, an internal locus of control, and higher-order thinking skills.
● Prize collaboration and intentional and honest reflection on your performance and the performance of your teammates.
● Want to work with an experienced Principal with a multi-year track record of outstanding academic achievement with low-income students of color.
● Believe OP's educational model is the best way to get low-income students of color to and through college.
● Want to challenge conventional approaches to teaching for low-income students of color.
● Want a better-than-market salary.
What Makes the Right Fit
OP seeks an AP who:
● Has a demonstrated commitment to, and track record of success in, supporting low-income Black and Latino students in urban areas in achieving high levels of academic and social-emotional success.
● Passionately believes, and relentlessly act upon the belief, that EVERY child can and must succeed in their classroom.
● Is committed to creating high-quality, rigorous and relevant project-based learning curriculum for OP’s students.
● Uses data to adjust teacher support and teachers’ practice.
● Can give and receive constructive feedback leading to stronger practice and higher student performance.
● Takes responsibility for positive and negative results.
● Has the demonstrated desire and ability to forge relationships with low-income elementary school students and their parents.
● Is able and eager to work in an environment where collaboration is the norm.
● Has a robust work ethic, the ability to be flexible and hold ambiguity, and a willingness to maintain an ‘all-hands-on-deck’ approach when necessary.
Assistant principals play a critical role in driving academic and socio-emotional achievement for OP’s scholars.
Teaching & Learning:
● Work with the Principal and colleagues to establish students’ learning targets.
● Ensure that students meet learning targets.
● Co-plan units of study with teachers.
● Relentlessly track students’ progress.
● Analyze student performance data and communicate analyses clearly with actionable practices for teachers.
● Drive data-driven cycles of inquiry around literacy, math, and projects.
● Identify and model teaching practices and curriculum to close gaps.
● Effectively support the implementation of: project-based learning, STEM, and socio-emotional learning and support.
● Collaborate closely and frequently with colleagues and Principal to align instruction across grades.
● Ensure effective and consistent implementation of OP scholars’ ILPs and IEPs.
● Plan and deliver professional development
● Work with Principal to identify effective instructional materials and resources (i.e. curricular materials, software programs, etc.).
● Oversee standardized test administration.
● Create and reinforce positive school culture and expected student behavior at all times anywhere, on or outside school grounds.
● Inspire urgency in students, parents, and staff.
● Conduct home visits to establish relationships with families.
● Maintain direct, productive communication and relationships with students, families and colleagues.
● Attend family and school events.
● Serve as a role model for OP students
● Oversee physical plant cleanliness and improvements.
● Oversee accurate recordkeeping for students, families, and staff. Ensure excellent school safety practices are in place and implemented effectively.
● Assist in managing human resources, including attracting and selecting top performers.
● Assist in managing daily operations (before and after school programs, meal service for students, attendance, etc.).
● Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently.
● Extensive and in-depth knowledge and experience with early elementary curriculum and assessment, specifically early literacy and math.
● At least five years of full-time classroom teaching experience with documented high student performance, three years teaching experience with urban students strongly preferred.
● Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
● Two years’ experience in a leadership role at a school.
● Demonstrated track record of success in coaching and developing teachers.
● Bilingual in Spanish highly desirable.
● Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s in education preferred
● Administrative Credential preferred.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address why you believe you are a good match for OP and OP is a good match for you. Please include relevant student and/or coaching data in your resume.
OnePurpose School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. OP promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans